You ever have one of those Mondays where your week gets away from you before it even gets started? One of those Mondays that is just simply nothing but…well, a Monday?
That was yesterday for me. Monday simply got the better of me.
But then I got a much needed reminder from Mama Pea and remembered that this week does not have to get the better of me. It doesn’t matter what is going on at work or in my personal life or anything else…God is good. He’s got this. That is all.
Although, we all know that when I’m most stressed, baking is one of the things that helps the most. It calms me. It centers me. And this bread helped to calm and center me over the weekend.
And boy was it a good way to get calm and centered. Full of crunchy almonds, nutty almond flour, soft, fruity pears, spicy cinnamon…this bread is so perfect for fall it isn’t even funny. And with very little butter and only one egg, you can even justify this lovely little snack…or breakfast.
I recently found a mini-loaf pan on clearance and of course I had to have it (um…duh). And of course I had to use it to make these wonderful mini loaves of this bread. They’re the perfect path toward portion control, or you could package them up and give them away to a friend.
Happy fall! Have some bread.
Who wouldn’t like that?
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup peeled and diced pear
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease one standard sized loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans.
- Whisk together the flours, sugar, salt, baking power, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the sliced almonds to the dry ingredients, reserving about three tablespoons. Add the diced pear.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg and applesauce. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until batter comes together, being careful not to overmix.
- Smooth batter into loaf pan/s and top with reserved sliced almonds. Bake for 1 hour for a standard loaf or 30 minutes for mini loaves, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from the pan and slicing.
If you liked this post, you might also like: